Sunday, January 3, 2016

Day 1 - 2016 Photo Challenge



Titled - Morning Coffee



F 6.3
1/600
ISO 400
60 mm lens
Editing – a little bit of cropping

F 6.3 – to make sure I was in focus I went with a mid-range aperture. I have a bad habit of having the aperture open (low number) because I often shoot weddings which have dark light rooms. My goal this year is to close down the aperture to get a deeper depth on my images. I like that the outside is far enough away that it is blurry, but you can tell they are trees.

1/600 – I wanted to make sure I created the strong contrast between the dark and light area. I was lucky because there was a thin cloud cover, so there was a nice nature filter over the sun, and it wasn’t nearly as bright as it would have been if there wasn’t a cloud cover.  If the cloud hadn’t been there, then I would have been blown out (all white).

I planned what I wanted my selfie photo to be last night when I was falling asleep. I knew I wanted a photo with contrast and I knew the morning light at this window with the blinds would be just what I had in my head.  This image is the first photo I took, and I knew it was perfect, exactly what I wanted. I did take several other photos, just for fun, but this was definitely my favorite, even after I downloaded and looked through all of them.  I am drinking from one of my favorite mugs my friend Cramer made with a huge heart on it.  I love this mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment